Monday, December 22, 2008

Solstice


Hi Yall,


First I would like to say happy Solstice! All rejoice at the return of the sun, the life giver of our planet! It is sure a cold day here in Georgia, temps are in the teens and I had to put the liner in my leather jacket. It was a great weekend and I am looking forward to a wonderful Yule/Christmas/Hanukkah whatever your religion likes to call it.

First thing on my mind from this weekend is music. Visited Dave Simms place on Friday to lay down a bass line on the songs we are working on. (Dave's My Space page is here) had a great jam with him and got one track put down. That song is sounding good, cant wait till we get the drummers track down and start finalising it. We are planing on recording the Piano part this weekend (Pam's My space page is here) on Friday or Saturday, then we send them out to the drummer and get his take on the stuff, then back to us for final tracks with his drum part in the background, lots better than the click track we are working with now. Most of the songs we are working with are written by Tyler (his my space is here) These are some talented people and I am lucky to be playing with them. We have hopes for this thing going somewhere, and regret that soon I may not be able to play with these people. But things being what they are, if a opportunity comes up, move I will. But we had a great practice on Sunday after church, The drummer Joe and I put down a groove that we rocked on for a half a hour and then we reworked a song to be a bit faster. Great times!

Second thing I want to talk about is my family, got to hang out with them for a while on Saturday. my wife bought a video game and sold it to my youngest. So we spent most of Saturday, playing "Lego Indiana Jones". The boys had a great time with that, and we watched "Home Alone" because my wife thought it would be good for my oldest to see how a kid can be self reliant without his parents. we snuggled and played and had a good time! So looking forward to giving them gifts and playing with them during this upcoming 4 day weekend! Between us, Santa, and my parents I am sure they will have a great day.

Well I best be getting off of this thing, stuff to do. so if I don't get a chance to get on here again, everyone have a Christmas and new year!